You are here
Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design is a non-profit visual arts center dedicated to excellence in arts education and reaching a diverse public through studio classes, outreach programming and exhibitions of fine art in the craft media.
Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design welcomes resumés and applications from individuals interested in working in the arts. As specific openings occur, they are listed below.
Director of Development
Craft Alliance is a non-profit art center in St. Louis, Missouri, dedicated to exhibiting contemporary craft and teaching craft techniques. It is nationally recognized as one of the premier craft organizations in the country and is the only organization in the region solely dedicated to contemporary craft. Craft Alliance offers exhibitions, classes in craft techniques, artist residencies, community programs, and a gallery shop.
Craft Alliance empowers you to experience the craft of our time by:
● exhibiting artists’ work,
● educating all levels of students,
● offering free classes and family programs.
The Director of Development develops and implements a comprehensive fund raising program, including major giving, grants, special events, and membership. The Director of Development occupies an important leadership position in the organization and serves as a member of the Leadership Team. This position oversees the Donor Relations Coordinator.
• Develop a comprehensive fund raising program to include multi year gifts, annual gifts, major gifts, corporate and foundation gifts
• Identify, cultivate, and solicit donors for major gifts • Develops presentations and proposal packages for public funding agencies, foundations, corporations, and other donors
• Creates and executes an annual giving campaign, including direct mail
• Supervise recording and tracking of donors and contributions in the organization database
• Supervise the membership program and membership solicitation
• Staff liaison to the Board Development Committee
• Confers with senior program staff on programmatic funding needs, creating and implementing appropriate development plans to achieve the defined goals.
• Plan annual fundraising events including: manage event committee, print materials, sponsor solicitation, auction solicitation, and event logistics.
• Attend Development, Finance, Executive, and Board committee meetings, as needed.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
• 3 years direct experience in fund raising, including annual fund, major gift solicitation, corporate and foundation grants, and capital campaigns
• Demonstrated ability to set and meet fund raising goals
• Experience in non-profit agency
• Experience in a Board-led organization, working with Board Members and volunteers
• Record of progressive advancement in responsibilities
• Strong demonstrable communication skills, both oral and written
• Basic computer skills, including experience with donor databases
• Knowledge of local, regional, and national funding opportunities
• Prepared to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Knowledge of planned giving - desired
• Background in arts development - desired
• Knowledge of local community - desired
• Reports to the Executive Director
• Member of the Department Head leadership team
• Works with other Department Team members in support of program funding requests
• Liaison to the Development Committee
• Direct management responsibility for Donor Relations Coordinator
• Represents Craft Alliance in the community, particularly with current and potential donors
Salary and Benefits:
Full-time salaried position with benefits as determined in current Craft Alliance Employee Handbook
How to Apply:
mail the following materials to Kelly L. Laura, Director of Finance & Administration at email@example.com (no calls, please):
• Cover Letter
• Salary Requirements
• Three to five Professional References