Support Our Mission
Your generous contribution ensures that we are able to deliver on our mission to nurture and inspire creativity and engagement, educating and enriching our community through contemporary craft.
Many of our programs are made possible through generous donations from our community. Thanks to your support, we offer:
- ArtSmarts – Students from St. Louis Public Schools visit our exhibitions on field trips, inspiring them to create their own works of art in our studios.
- Crafting-A-Future – Teens participate in a year-long development program in partnership with professional artists and mentors as they develop their portfolios.
- Artists-In-Residence – Emerging artists join us for a 9-month fellowship, where they engage with our students, explore their craft, and put together an exhibition.
- Exhibitions – Our exhibitions feature local artists and bring in the best of contemporary craft from across the nation. To complement our exhibitions, we provide free, self-service activities for families and children to explore the exhibition together.
- Third Friday with the Delmar Maker District – Our gallery and studios remain open late on the Third Friday of each month for families to explore. We offer activities, refreshments, and a family-friendly, creative environment free of charge.
- Free Family Saturdays – We offer story and craft time, intergenerational programming, and other events on select Saturdays, all free for the St. Louis community.
Every gift counts! Large or small, every gift has a tremendous impact on our programs.
Other Ways to Support
A donor advised fund provides an easy way to make significant charitable gifts with immediate tax benefits and deductions and allows you to give back to a cause that‚ close to your heart.
Request a grant distribution through your DAF sponsor. Be sure to use Craft Alliance‚ EIN # 43-1022226. Indicate whether your gift is unrestricted or designated to a specific cause i.e. program, annual fund, or appeal. You can also designate Craft Alliance as a beneficiary for your donor advised fund.
Many employers are happy to match your donations to 503(c) nonprofits. When combined with your gift, these matches can double your contribution! Don’t forget, employers can also match your Membership dues!
A planned gift, or bequest, provides benefits year after year to Craft Alliance and invests in the future of St. Louis’ only center dedicated to craft. There are a variety of ways to include Craft Alliance in your estate planning. If you have included us in your estate plans, we would love to acknowledge your generous gift, but we will respect your wishes to remain anonymous. For more information, please contact Bryan Knicely at 314.725.1177 x 329 or [email protected]
Making a gift of stock is a popular way of supporting Craft Alliance. For more information, review our Stock Procedures below, or please contact Bryan Knicely at 314.725.1177 x 329 or [email protected]
You can show your support for craft and the creative community by naming principal spaces in Craft Alliance’s new location in the Delmar Maker District. Available opportunities include the Glass Studio, Print & Paper Arts Studio, and the Digital Design Studio. For more information, please contact Bryan Knicely at 314.725.1177 x 329 or [email protected]
Craft Alliance proudly supports other St. Louis Metro non-profit organizations by honoring donation requests for charitable fundraisers. To request a donation, please fill out our request form here
Our typical donation to approved requesting organizations includes both: (1) one-year, Insider membership and tuition for (1) 6-week Craft Alliance class.
- Donation requests must be submitted at least six weeks prior to the date the donation is needed (not the event date).
- All donation requests must be made through this online form. Craft Alliance cannot currently accept requests via email, mail, or phone.
- Organizations are limited to one donation request per calendar year.
- We reserve the right to deny any donation request.
- Requests will be reviewed in the order received. Please do not call regarding the status of your request.
- Donations, related materials are not currently issued electronically.
Looking for an easy way to give? Sign up for the Amazon Smile program here. You shop, Amazon gives! Sign Up (https://smile.amazon.com/)
Pick up a “My Schnucks Card” at any Schnucks store, register for eScrip, and Schnucks will automatically give to Craft Alliance every time you make a purchase!
Donations made to Craft Alliance’s annual fund support our annual operating budget. Your generosity ensures that we are able to deliver on our mission to nurture and inspire creativity and engagement, educating and enriching our community through contemporary craft. Your Annual Fund gift provides vital support where it’s needed most. From offering innovative programming and exhibitions to upgrading our studios to offering learning and engagement opportunities to the community, your gift will strengthen the field of craft today.
Craft Alliance members play an essential role in making our community the vibrant hub of creativity that it is. They are the heart and soul of the organization! Members provide vital support – helping to fund free community and family programming such as ArtSmarts and Free Family Saturdays. Members keep our potters’ wheels spinning, weaving shuttles flying, hammers hammering, and craft education thriving. Thank you to our members for all the ways you contribute to Craft Alliance’s ever-growing craft community! Become a member today >